In Virtual reality news
June 23, 2021 – hands, a provider of data gloves for motion capture (mocap) and virtual reality (VR), has recently announced the launch of its latest innovation ‘Prime X Series’. The new generation of gloves consists of Prime X Marker Mocap gloves and Prime Haptic VR gloves.
With the introduction of the company’s next generation of products, Manus will continue to offer users a solution for interaction and data of hands and fingers in various sectors of the industry.
Bart Loosman, CEO of Manus, commented: “We have listened to those in the industry who value above all the exact data of hands and fingers and a broad compatibility with the desired workflow. We are proud to offer our customers a solution developed to meet these needs with the Prime X Series. ”
Manus Prime X Marker Mocap
Manus Prime X Marker Mocap gloves help add accurate and detailed finger data to optical motion capture settings. According to Manus, the gloves are compatible with industry standard optical motion tracking solutions and offer recording functionality enabled with Optitrack Motive and Vicon Shogun. The gloves also include the Manus time synchronization cable, which allows them to seamlessly integrate into any workflow that includes SMPTE Timecode and Genlock, allowing users to synchronize mocap data across their entire pipeline. .
Manus Prime X Haptic VR
Manus Prime X Haptic VR gloves offer support for VR visualization tools such as IC.IDO, as well as support for engines such as Unreal and Unity, through the set of Manus integrations and connectors. The gloves also provide haptic feedback through enhanced haptic modules to provide an immersive touch sensation with a higher feedback range, according to the company.
General features of Manus Prime X Series:
- High-fidelity finger tracking: detailed measurement of finger flexion and spread: Flex sensors measure 2 joints per finger; 9 DoF tracking of individual fingers by fusion of sensors with IMU; avoid drift with new automatic filters and flex sensor reference points.
- Software compatibility: Manus Prime X gloves work with industry standard solutions for motion capture and virtual reality. Custom integrations can be created using the Manus SDK.
- Hardware compatibility: The Prime X series universal mounting system allows for a wide range of tracking attachments, making Prime X gloves compatible with most tracking systems. Prime Haptic VR gloves are compatible with most HMDs.
- Easy and fast calibration: With just three simple gestures, Prime X Gloves calibration fits snugly in the user’s hands, allowing you to get started in less than a minute. The calibration profile is then stored in the glove, allowing it to be used in multiple sessions between devices.
- Continuous use: Prime X gloves include interchangeable batteries that provide up to 6 hours of battery life. The Manus charging station allows you to charge additional batteries for uninterrupted workflows in which users do not have to wait for gloves to be charged.
- Washable gloves of two sizes: the electronic module can be quickly removed from the textile glove, which allows you to wash or replace the glove. Additional textile gloves are available in S / M and M / L sizes. The electronic module adapts to both sizes.
Prime X Series gloves can now be purchased. Manus Prime X gloves are priced at 3,990 euros (US $ 4,990) and include a perpetual license for Manus Core (company data management software and central hub for all Manus products), lifetime product support, and periodic feature and software updates. To learn more about Manus and its gloves and mocap offerings, visit the company website.
Image credit: Manus